Started Nov 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,723Gear list
Like?
Re: I tried to like the RX100.
In reply to Rexgig0, Nov 27, 2013

Rexgig0 wrote:

photo perzon wrote:

28mm deforms a lot. If the GR or the A had a 35mm I'd trip over myself in the rush to buy it. Considering the spanking the GR gave the A, if Nikon changed it to 35mm they'd open a new world for the Coolpix.

Assuming that "deforms" refers to distortion, yes, there is a bit of that, but when used properly, can be minimized. I am not so sure the Ricoh GR spanks the A; they are, actually quite close, and I prefer the handling qualities of the A, plus, the A plays well with Nikon Speedlights and some peripheral accessories. If the A did not exist, I would probably not be interested in the Ricoh GR.

I do agree that an A with an angle of view equivalent to 35mm would capture my attention; 40mm to 45mm even more so.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

I remember the first time I saw wide distortion.  My 10 year old nephew was at the edge of the picture and his head got deformed horribly.

I freaked out.  Instantly bought DxO Viewpoint.

But actually that was with the RX100 on wide.  Before I guess I never saw distortion.  I like my RX100 but it is not sharp.

Anyway if Ricoh or Nikon changed form 28mm to 35mm or higher I'd change in a second.  Specially the Nikon A which now is no longer offered on eBay or in Amazon.

Do you know how dead a product has to be to not be on eBay or Amazon on Black Friday?

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow