Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nigel Clifford
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Getting to know A7r and liking it more and more
10 months ago

I've had the A7r six days now but have had only a small amount of time to work with it. Somebody asked me to post some pics I took with the Sigma 10-20 3.5 crop lens in full frame mode, works from 14-20 with very little vignetting. Anyway I was all ready to upload and then I switched to NTSC format for video and the camera formatted my card, lost all the images I’d taken over the past few days. There are just a few left which I had copied to my office computer and I am posting them here all reduced by 50% to fit Dpreview site otherwise as shot, I have not changed any of the camera default settings yet, apart from NTSC for video. All of the pics were shot with the Canon 135mm F2.00, using auto AF with the Metabones EF to NEX MKIII adapter. The only odd one is the picture of the doll which was shot manual focus with the Sigma 50MM 1.4 at 1.4.
I’m loving the versitllity of this camera but note that its high ISO performance is nowhere near as good as my Fujifilm X100S, I need to sort out a decent compact flash for the A7R. I did order the 35mm 2.8 Emount lens but it has not arrived yet, I may not get it now though the Canon 40mm 2.8 works well and is very compact, thinking of getting the 24-70 F4 when its available as my only 'native lens'.

Nigel Clifford's gear list:Nigel Clifford's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow