Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ElementalSeattle
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Df Buyer's Remorse? Already? WTF?
9 months ago

I am an early adopter. I can't help myself. Phones, cameras, tablets, gaming consoles...I'm there on day one.

I was one of the first in line to buy the D600. Which, in hindsight was a mistake. After spending countless hours and some $150 in cleaning kits and swabs, the cost of being an early adopter is clear.

So when the Df was announced, I put my D600 on notice. Take your oily sensor splatters and be gone! Out, out damn spot! There's a new bright shiny new camera in town: behold! It is the Nikon Df!

So it's no surprise that I placed my order for a new Df on day one. But as the days pass and I read more about the early impressions ("too light", "too many dials", "too expensive!" and my favorite - "strap lug placement design flaw"), I start to question my decision. Normally I ignore the detractors, but the steady chorus is hard to ignore.

My question is this:

Is it possible to suffer buyer's remorse for something you haven't even bought yet?

I am now thinking "screw it" and getting the D800 instead. Except it is big and heavy ...and has focusing issues and...those file sizes are massive ....and....and....

Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow