GH3 vs GX7: Differences?

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Questions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,889Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 vs GX7: Differences?
In reply to MrWalrusGumboot, Nov 26, 2013

MrWalrusGumboot wrote:

you seriously see a difference in raw files??

i don.t, but i DO see a diff on video for the GH3 - way better and the weatherproofness is awesome (got hit by a wave in hawaii and it works fine),,better ergonimics too. And the fully tiltable back screen on GH3 allows for really amazing super low shots and self shots. Just not sold on the gx7 for pics and video. What else really matters?

Video quality, I don't think there's any difference in AVCHD mode at all, compared with the GH3's MOV mode, sure. However, as I said in my first post, you know if you need that bitrate and codec. If you don't know, you don't need it.

I was under the impression that the extra bitrate was just more room for adjustment, but the original files looked very similar. Is there really that much of a difference OOC or are you guys talking about once the MOV has been sharpened and touched up?

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow