GX7 : is it possible to permanently switch the viewfinder on ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
BolleDuc
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 : is it possible to permanently switch the viewfinder on ?
In reply to David92, 9 months ago

David92 wrote:

Hi

With my "old" G1, it is possible to set the eye sensor in a way that the viewfinder is permanently "on".

So far I didn"t manage to have the same behaviour with my GX7. The EVF seems to light only when my eye is close. It is not a big deal, but there is a small latency which I would prefer to avoid (if possible).

Any ideas ?

Kind regards,

David

David,

You're right, I noticed that but didn't really dwell on it, nor on a solution to make it go away. And I favour designating the switch to flip back & forth between the LCD & the EVF so the EVF is in play sometimes.

My camera's not with me so I can't try this out yet but would a little strip of tape over the sensor work? It seems like it's responsive to my hand, jacket, etc. so is it a simple proximity sensor? Light? No clue!

But now I'm curious about this myself, there are occasions where this would be a better mousetrap if it were "locked" on.

Paul

-- hide signature --

Dilettante - my hobby is buying & selling cameras not photography!
Panasonic GX7, Olympus E-PL5, Panasonic GX1 & Canon S90 (IR Converted 590nm)

BolleDuc's gear list:BolleDuc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow