Wouldn't a flip up mirror make a SLT the ultimate camera?

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeInOr
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Wouldn't a flip up mirror make a SLT the ultimate camera?
Nov 26, 2013

98% of the time my Sony SLT is the perfect camera. It has just the right combination of speed, features and image quality. But in those 2% or less times it would be nice to have that little extra light the SLT mirror robs you of. If Sony put their translucent mirrors on a flip up mechanism like a conventional SLR and added a low light mode to make use of this I would think this would be the best camera on the market! So I would purpose to Sony to make their next line of cameras SLT's with a flip up mirror. During normal operation (98% of the time) it would work just like the current SLT's but when every extra little bit of light makes a difference press a button to put the camera in low light mode and have the mirror flip out of the way when the shutter is released. Some photographers may even choose to make this their every day mode and only turn the mirror flip up function off when they want incredible shooting speed, auto focusing in video mode, better focus tracking for fast moving subjects or just a quieter camera.

What do you guys think?

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow