Soft highlight + shadow VS DR 200 400?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Soft highlight + shadow VS DR 200 400?
In reply to CAcreeks, 8 months ago

CAcreeks wrote:

Do you always have your X10 set to M (medium) size?

Yes. I don't like to postprocess off camera, and I like to maximize DR while minimizing ISO. That puts me in the "M school", so to speak. I have no doubt that L size provides more detail, but 6 MP + 4x zoom is more than enough for nearly all my uses, & provides a better overall picture IMHO. I have an HS25 & haven't pulled it out for any "serious" work since the X10 arrived.

Note that, on the X10, it is not possible to shoot DR 400 / ISO 100 / f/2.0 / shutter speed of 1000. In fact, I'm not sure you can even shoot a true DR 400 shot with ISO 100, f/20, and shutter speed of 640 (say), on account of the shutter limitations (max 1000 at f/2.0). I was recently looking at an AE BKT (+/-1) where all three shorter exposures were the same, much to my dismay. Had I known that in advance, I would have decreased the aperture. :-/

I don't know if this is true with the XF1.

Presumably 2816x2112 pixels are not due to downsampling. In the EXIF there's no evidence of DR 200 or 400.

DR 400.

cantanima's gear list:cantanima's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom Fujifilm X10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow