Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,822Gear list
Like?
GH3 vs GX7: Differences?
10 months ago

So i think i am won over by MFT for good now. I have been looking at the X-E1 but the lens situation is just bugging me. The Fuji lenses are fantastic, but the cheapest one is $400, and the adapters for third party (what im really excited about) are not as numerous either. For example i still own 3 sony lenses i could use, but the only sony to fuji adapter is $300, compared to the same one for MFT for $60. To add to all this in my mind, DXO has a very slight margin between new MFT (GX7, GH3, EM5/1) and todays leading APSC. It is more or less a half a stop, at most, some are even. That is not very much when you consider speed boosters can make up an entire stop of light the other direction.

So, my decision is now in house. EM1 is too spendy, i just don't want to spend that much on a body and still have zero lenses. EM5 is missing a lot of what i want, the EVF isn't as nice as it could be, same with the LCD, it doesn't have 60p in video, and is lacking in things like peaking which i really want for use with lens adapters. This leaves me with the GH3 and GX7. I have read a lot about both, watched a lot of youtube, but aside from more video codecs on the 3, what are the major differences?

Having a battery grip would be nice, but in the opposite way, so would having such a small camera as the GX7. Is there any real performance issues one has over the other? They both have peaking as i'm aware, they both have wifi. Does the GH3 allow peaking in video like the 7? I really like the 1/320th flash sync of the GX7, and the 1/8000 ss as well. I would like to make up my mind but i don't want to buy one then find out something i missed (i am alergic to buyer's remorse). Feel free to offer any insight you wish, anything is helpful. If you have a list of 100 differences, i will read them all. Ty in advance, happy shooting.

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow