Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LoneReaction
Contributing MemberPosts: 505Gear list
Like?
Which super fast legacy MF lens for A7?
8 months ago

In a few days I will have the A7 kit. I started this hobby in 2012 with the NEX cameras, and have grown used to technologies of this time (AF). So I am a 95% AF kind of guy. AF has it's quirks, but it is just another tool that you can make use of. I like to shoot typical snapshots or portraits.

I was thinking of picking up the Samyang 85mm F1.4 when it's out for e mount, then I realized that it's just like legacy lenses, manual focus and aperture. I am toying with the idea of using MF lenses to complement AF lenses.

At the moment I am thinking of getting a specialty normal lens ~50mm, to use while waiting for the FE55. I want to get something that will still have use even after I get the FE55, so I am eying super fast F1.2 lenses.

Locally there are people selling a Canon FD 55mm F1.2 Chrome nose, and Nikkor-S.C Auto 55mm f1.2 lens. I am wondering what other options do I have for this kind of novelty lenses?

Thank you for your time.

-- hide signature --

Personal website with link to Flickr/Facebook photos:
http://www.clementtung.com

LoneReaction's gear list:LoneReaction's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +5 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow