Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russellj447
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Nikon d7100 Foucs Issue
Nov 26, 2013

So I came here looking for help today and hope I can get something. I have been shooting action sports for about 3 years now and have been a Canon user for all 3. I had the t2i, the 7D and then upgraded to the 5D3 but due to some problems I sold all the gear for some money. Now that Im back up and started a company I thought why no go and use Nikon, seems they are having some good stuff come out, so i picked up the D7100. I went D7100 becuase I like the crop for my sports.

Ok so my first weekend out with the camera was this last weekend, I shot Downhill and Moto with a rented 70-200 2.8 VR version 1 lens. I had nothing but trouble all weekend. For starters the focus just seemed slow...like t2i slow. It never locked on and 80% of shots have a real lack of detail. I know its my first weekend with the camera but this is not a strong start to me keeping the Nikon. Does anyone know what the problem could be or have such problems? Here are some shots of what I mean. The first two are 7100 the one with the rider on the bike and lighting is Canon. Big Diff. And I wasnt even using 2.8 I was at 5.6 since I was getting somewhat better images.

Nikon D7100

D7100

Canon 5D Mark III

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow