Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peterm1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,340
Like?
Keep RX1 along with A7R system?
9 months ago

I love my RX1 and have the A7R on order to replace my D800E system.  I was going to order the new Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f/2.8 for the A7R and sell my RX1 and pocket the difference since they are the same focal length, but:

1) The RX1 shutter is near silent versus the relatively loud shutter of the A7R, so for quiet environments and to remain unobstrusive, this seems to weigh heavily in favor of holding onto the RX1 and not ordering the 35mm f/2.8;

2) The RX1 lens is brighter (f/2.0) and is matched so nicely with the RX1 body and sensor;

3)  Keeping the RX1 for the 35mm focal length instead of getting the FE 35mm f/2.8 would provide a backup body if something happened to the A7R.

On the other hand, it would be nice just to deal with one camera / one system, and the difference in cost would be over $1000 (in favor of selling the RX1 and getting the FE 35mm).

Any other RX1 owners on the fence?

Thanks

Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow