ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WD
WD
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?
V3?
11 months ago

Last December I bought the V1 out of curiosity, tired of waiting for an updated D300.  A 50 year SLR/Pentax/Nikon user, I was smitten and purchased almost the entire '1' system including FT-1.  It's changed my whole camera experience and outlook for the future.  I haven't grabbed the D300, except to compare it with V1 on the same subjects, since!

Now, for ME, mirrorless is the future, (short as that may be!)

I'd be satisfied to stay with the Nikon 1 system if Nikon would somehow (please) show me the future.  The V2 is attractive for it's solutions to a few shortcomings of the V1.  (You know what they are.)  However, it still lacks a significant number of features which are often used and desired by photographers interested in something more than what the V2 possesses.

Here's the dilemma.  The Panasonic GX-7, were it a Nikon V3, is as close today in specs as one could get, again for ME.  Size, build, lens selection, video capability, fast focusing (even if not V2 fast), easily adjustable with numerous external buttons/dials, resolution, high ISO capability, on-board flash, silent shutter, etc., etc.  And then.....

GX-7: $848 with decent kit lens.

V2:    $896 with 10-30 kit lens.

Really????

I'd never get rid of the V1.  It's in my bag and when the V2 price drops, or a worthy V3 emerges, I'll add that.  But, Nikon, you won me to mirrorless, lost my DSLR business for good, and could lose my future business (small loss that it may be) if you sit on your haunches and do nothing....like you have with D300 upgrade path. 

I'm heading to Samy's Camera in Santa Barbara now to check out GX-7 and GH3 combo.....out of curiosity.  Black Friday is coming to the US in a few days.  Just want to remind you.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
V3?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow