Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?

Started Nov 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jameas
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Re: Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?
In reply to Jim Evidon, Nov 25, 2013

In context, the OP has got a point. I too found the forum a different place to what I expected - and (if you forgive me) at first look bit of a boys self appreciation club....

However (and this is where I hope I can redeem myself regarding the self appreciation comment) I find I come back here frequently to look at the images posted - particularly from some regular posters - rather than "gear talk". Meagre Offerings probably hit the nail on the head when he pointed out that Leica release's are as rare as hens teeth and I think others have adequately pointed out the, perhaps, different ethos of Leica photographers (either through ownership, aspiration or presentation style).
It is here (and again in redemption - I'm working hard on this!) that posters/users/members do engage in a different way to most other forums. Perhaps this is simply the natural evolvement of a Leica community? And actually it is quite nice and civilized.

I'm happy (and I admit I am not a regular poster here) to leave as is.

I would suggest a new Leica Technical Forum but why invent something that already exists? There are alternative forums that provide this perfectly adequately elsewhere.
Hope I have not offended anyone,

James

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I get the urge to use Flickr....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameseastwood/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow