GPS for 1DX -- semi frustrated

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
pedz
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: GPS for 1DX -- a couple of thoughts.
In reply to apersson850, 9 months ago

I ended up getting the GP-E1 and I have used it for about six months now.  I really like the fact that all my pictures are tagged.  I won't claim it is useful to me but the new Lightroom Map module is just really cool and fun to play with.

Had I know that I could get the Wifi + an external GPS, I might have gone that route but that is roughly the same (and more expensive) than the GP-E1 + an external unit.  The little bit I've played with the wired networking made me shun the WiFi -- it can only be worse.  Canon needs a place for developers to load programs into their firmware so that the networking could be made more friendly and versatile but that's not going to happen.

e.g. imagine you take a picture of a couple in the typical tourist setting.  You know... since you are walking around with a camera they ask you to take their picture with their camera.  But in stead, you could take it with your camera.  With the Wifi unit and some non-existent software, you could just beam the image over to their smart phone.

Thanks to all who replied and continue to talk about this.  I'm learning stuff which is what its all about.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow