JulH82
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Christmas time, hard to choose btw OMD and XE2, help :s
Nov 25, 2013

Hello all

first of all a few line on me:

I’m an enthousiast who also shot occasionnally weddings to pay my hobby gear

I’m the proud owner of a D90 , D800 and on analog side, F65, LCA+ and others…

I love portrait, low light, bokeh, details, landscape, emotions in the pics, not that much in the candid style.

Shoot RAW, always and process it in LR, most of the time with fixed focals 50 and 85 being my friends.

Videos, a lot with my gopro …

So now you have the picture.

The issue:

-It’s already been 2 trips that I do with my D800 and I do realize its size and wheigt are a big handicap and in the end I don’t take as much pictures as I was doing before with my D90...in fact it kind of happens that I prefer to let my camera at the hotel...So I need a travel camera, compact, robust, and flexible.

-I’ll be dad soon and I want to be able to carry with me a small but performant camera everywhere (while obviously I’ll be carring a lot of stuff already...argh) and took videos in the same time with this camera

So 2 purpose graal!

After reading and reading and reading (quite a lot in this end of the year) I’m tempted by

-Fuji’s XE2, lovely design, APS-C, compact, perfect price IMO, but expensive lenses, and not that WOW video

-EM5 or EM1, ultimate mirrorles weapon, weather sealed, stabilized, but m43, not that compact, and even more expensive lenses

I really can’t make my mind, because I really love the quality and design of the XE2, and because on the paper OMD’s models are perfect travel and video companion …

I really can’t buy both and I’ve no idea of what third party lenses could make me save some bucks on both side without compromising too much on quality.

So the question:

-have you made up your mind on one of those model?

-even better tried both and are able to help me in this choice?

-any combo lenses suggestion so that I have a clearer idea of final budget? (if the Olympus 12-40 is as good as the 24-70 on Nikon FF it would be enough for all the purpose lense, on the Fuji the 35 mm could be enough I guess)

Thanks all

Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow