Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Haha!
In reply to cgarrard, 11 months ago

cgarrard wrote:

Vikas Rana wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

You're unfairly comparing the premium SLTs-- many of your points are the A77 and A65.

Comparing the A58 only with the K50, the K50 looks better across many key points.
Sure--any SLT has some unique selling points such as live view, full time PDAF. But the k50 unquestionably has far superior build quality (it's weather sealed, not even a debate). The k50 has much better high ISO performance.
Unless you're absolutely in love with the unique benefits of SLT, it's pretty hard to put the A58 ahead.

Its was not an unfair comparison. If that was unfair than I would say comparing K-50 (price: $800 - official launch price) with A58 (price $499 :official) is also not fair. So I compare K-50 with A65/A77/A57/A58. K-50's price comes in between A65 and A77 and its not even close to A58... You can say that K-50 is available at $580 on amazon but I purchased my A58 at $450...

Regarding the weather sealing, it can be done on any electronic devices using latest nano-technologies. Liquipel (http://www.liquipel.com/) is the firm which can make any electronic device water proof. Liquipel coating is far batter than factory based water-proofing.

Now A58 vs K - 50 (unfair because of difference in price)

K-50 Advantages

1. Large Screen 3" vs 2.7"
  2. High ISO 51600 vs 16000, I still need to check the ISO results
  3. OVF vs EVF, good for you to do some test shots without live-view!
  4. 92% viewfinder coverage vs A58's 100% OLED EVF coverage. Good for you hide the outer 8%
  5. Weather Sealed
  6. Large Sensor
  7. Thinner in size
  8. Fast Shutter Speed 1/6000 vs 1/4000 (helpful to handle higher ISO range)

A58 Advantages

1. A58: 1080/60i/24p AVCHD™ or 1080/30p MP4
    K-50: only 1080 at 30fps
  2. A58 has external mic jack
  3. A58 can create panorama, I've personally tested it worked very smoothly, results were 100% accurate.

Show us. I call lie, completely. And one shot out of many does not count. Show me a set of 3 consecutive shots where stitching and exposure errors don't show up. Good luck.

both the shots looks good enough to me.. I'll show you more tomorrow if you need. I think you got some defective piece of A58 on which you had the stitching problem...

First shot has at least 3 exposure errors in the sky, and I didn't even need to look at the second. Every single Sony SLT/DSLR/Compact I tested with sweep panorama has stitching and exposure errors- i.e. it's worthless to me.

The reason of difference in exposure is SUN. Even a child can tell that on 1st images SUN is on the top left and on second its was just on the right side of the last shot. No DLSR in this world that can handle SUN directly without any special filters!!!

Vikas Rana's gear list:Vikas Rana's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II Adobe Photoshop CS6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow