Best Value DSLR - Sony A58

Started Nov 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 764
Re: Best Value DSLR - Sony A58
In reply to tbcass, Nov 25, 2013

I haven't fooled myself into thinking otherwise.  I have actually owned both and honestly like the output of the A58 better.  I still have it and sold my A65.  I shoot JPEG mostly and I liked the JPEG output of the A58 better.  The only feature that I really wish the A58 had is micro focus adjustment and the A65 does not have this feature either.

Yeah the A65 has a larger screen with higher resolution, GPS, faster FPS, 60P video, larger viewfinder etc. but none of those really mattered to me.  It might to some.

tbcass wrote:

Todd3608 wrote:

If you need the speed or high resolution...Otherwise, the A58 will produce better images in low light and has an improved JPEG engine.

Ontario Gone wrote:

$600 for the a65 is a better deal.

Forget about minute differences in IQ. The A65 is a much better photographic tool in almost every way. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

-- hide signature --

Look at the picture, not the pixels
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow