X-E2 in Amateur Makeshift Studio

Started Nov 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 835Gear list
Re: X-E2 in Amateur Makeshift Studio
In reply to newone757, Nov 25, 2013

newone757 wrote:

Here are a couple Shots from a makeshift living room studio session with the X-E2.

We shot like 2 days after I received the camera so all was new coming from Canon DSLR (besides a short stint I had with X-Pro1 way back before the first firmware update); however, the camera feels so natural with its easy access controls that I never really missed a beat - it was really refreshing. These were done with the 60mm. I really wanted to use the 55-200 but it was late arriving

Overall I think it performed well. AF was sometimes iffy at first so I instantly switched to MF and it was such a breeze with the peaking that I never switched back. I fired my alien bees with rf-603c triggers and there were a few misses here and there but if I paced and gave it a little time it was fine (likely caused by strobe recycle time).

I DID NOT calibrate the WB before shooting so there was a strong purple/magenta cast that I had to adjust for in post but it seems to have worked out and could be a fault of the strobe output rather than the auto WB.

These were converted to TIFF's using photoninja then processed in lightroom and photoshop. I think the color potential from the RAW files were great (OOC JPEGS came out great too!). Here's the set

the end result is excellent!

thanks for describing your process

polarizer's gear list:polarizer's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow