X-E2 in Amateur Makeshift Studio

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
polarizer
Contributing MemberPosts: 822Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2 in Amateur Makeshift Studio
In reply to newone757, 5 months ago

newone757 wrote:

Here are a couple Shots from a makeshift living room studio session with the X-E2.

We shot like 2 days after I received the camera so all was new coming from Canon DSLR (besides a short stint I had with X-Pro1 way back before the first firmware update); however, the camera feels so natural with its easy access controls that I never really missed a beat - it was really refreshing. These were done with the 60mm. I really wanted to use the 55-200 but it was late arriving

Overall I think it performed well. AF was sometimes iffy at first so I instantly switched to MF and it was such a breeze with the peaking that I never switched back. I fired my alien bees with rf-603c triggers and there were a few misses here and there but if I paced and gave it a little time it was fine (likely caused by strobe recycle time).

I DID NOT calibrate the WB before shooting so there was a strong purple/magenta cast that I had to adjust for in post but it seems to have worked out and could be a fault of the strobe output rather than the auto WB.

These were converted to TIFF's using photoninja then processed in lightroom and photoshop. I think the color potential from the RAW files were great (OOC JPEGS came out great too!). Here's the set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84413642@N03/sets/72157638027528143/

the end result is excellent!

thanks for describing your process

polarizer's gear list:polarizer's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow