Best UV or Clear filters for 70-200 f2.8 IS II ?

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
tonyjr
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Second opinion.
In reply to Dan_168, Nov 25, 2013

I have never had that effect from a filter -whites are white , blues are blue greens etc - I don't know where all the brownish colors came from .

Can you or do you know what filter was used . Can you / will you post another shot w / and without filter ?

I know what you mean about the cost of filters . I have duplicate [ at least ] of all except the moose [ only have in 77 mm ] and ND's [ only have in 72 and 77 mm ] I have 52 , 55 , 58 mm for other lenses and decided a couple of years ago to stick to 72 and 77 mm lenses . 72 and 77 mm lenses fit my hand better and when you start buying filters , caps , hoods , rubber hoods , soft cases , then duplicate them --

I have a bag for 77 mm lenses , 72 mm lenses and another for rest / primes .

I kind of use filters for protection - it is easier for me to change a filter , than clean a lens . I still have to clean filter later - but I don't miss the shot .

My 50 mm macro jumped on floor , I don't know if a filter would have saved it , but have used filters since then . Yes , I have broken 4 filters - one bent the ring the filter screws into so bad , it cost me 45 dollars to replace - probably 20 years ago .

OH Well , just me

tonyjr's gear list:tonyjr's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow