K3 Catch in Focus Surprise Today

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: K3 Catch in Focus Surprise Today
In reply to Dale108, 9 months ago

Dale108 wrote:

Yes Jeff I did get other shots but not that interesting. It is a neat concept that I can come home and see what I have at the end of the day. To avoid battery drain I use the Pentax DC cord.

Dale

Seems like using the DC cord WOULD be the way to go. Do you know if there's an aftermarket version of that? I was looking at accessories for the K-3 the other day, and the Pentax brand DC cord for it was $109, I think! That just seems a RIDICULOUS PRICE to pay for a DC adapter for ANYTHING! That said, I wouldn't want to get a cheap one that doesn't have a stable output and might fry my camera's electronics, either.

One other question: below Ron asked if you can do this with the infrared remote and you said you tried, but it works for you only with the wired remote. Do you have to use a remote? In your previous posts I got the impression you simply set the camera up manually and weren't using a remote, at all. The reason I ask is that the only remote I have is the WR IR remote, so were I to try this I'd want to know if I needed to get the wired remote.

Thanks, and again... LOVELY photo!

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow