Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mario G
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
GX7 vs. cheaper APS-C cameras
11 months ago

After almost convincing myself to buy a GX7, I just end up in a camera shop, and horrify at the sight of lots of much cheaper APS-C cameras. Not that I didn't know before, but just seeing them all out there has a different effect.

1/4 of the GX7 price gives entry-level Canon/Nikon, at £200-something. On which I could put a Sigma 18-35mm F1.8, and still stay on the same price as the GX7. Yes, I know that it would be a very different kind of beast compared to the GX7, but it still makes you think.

For 1/2 the GX7 price you can get some not so different kind of beasts like Fuji or Sony NEX. A little more gives you Sony Alpha with F2.8 constant zooms (which alone would double the GX7 cost at Pana).

And for just 50% extra, you can get a x4 bigger sensor with the Sony A7.

Knowing that this Micro Four Thirds forum would be slightly biased what would you say to convince me to fork out the nearly £1K needed for the GX7 and not jump ship?

Mario G's gear list:Mario G's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow