Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?

Started Nov 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joe Pineapples
Senior MemberPosts: 2,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?
In reply to Jim Evidon, Nov 24, 2013

Jim Evidon wrote:

There is nothing wrong at all with the forum content. As I said, some of the images are quite good and there is always a place for posting and critiquing images. As a competition chairman of our local camera club, I am very sensitive to high image quality and content. It would really make more sense to call the forum "Image Talk"or some such rather than having it sound camera specific like Leica Talk. It just makes more sense, at least to me.
Jim

Angry, dysfunctional forums full of flame wars and arguments are pretty common. The formula for creating them seems to be: set up a forum and wait. OTOH harmonious forums where the members get along and are generally happy with the state of affairs seem quite rare, and the way they happen semi-spontaneously through some delicate balance of circumstances is pretty hard to fathom. So when a forum like that appears, why not just leave it alone?  Making "improvements", however good the intentions, is all to likely to make things worse rather than better...

Joe

-- hide signature --

"Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere."

Joe Pineapples's gear list:Joe Pineapples's gear list
Ricoh GR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow