Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Evidon
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?
In reply to Daedalus2000, 11 months ago

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Hi Jim,

Simply because this is more than just a Leica forum. Surely that makes it a moreserious forum, rather than a less serious one!

Having said that I looked at the top 20-30 threads and I could not really find many non-Leica images, especially in the original posts.

Best, D

I have no problem with the images posted. Some of them are quite good. I just don't know why the Forum is called Leica when there are so many postings by non-Leica cameras and owners. I go to Rangefinder Forum and read and post in in the Leica sub-forum. I go to the Leica Users Forum which limits participation to Leica users. Every day I go to the FujiX and the Olympus SLR forums here in DP Review and the postings and images are exclusively from those cameras. In general, camera owners like to keep up with the goings on of owners of their particular camera, not out of some sort of snobbery, but for information and shared interest. When they want to see what is going on with other camera specific forums, they are able to view those as well, and I do so.

My point was that this is only a Leica forum in name only when a significant number of participants own and display the work of other cameras.
Jim

Jim Evidon's gear list:Jim Evidon's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm XF1 Leica M9 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow