Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Willing
Contributing MemberPosts: 647Gear list
People should consider this m4/3 Panasonic before buying
10 months ago

It took me a whole day to decide what to buy for a 2nd body, looking at the reviews, samples....etc. At the end, I chose the Panasonic G5 ( didn't want to spend more than $500). And I paid $319 with no tax. To my surprise, the physical size of the G5 is very similar to my E-M5 same height and width but a little lighter. I chose the G5 because it has similar pics quality as E-M5 plus it handles video much better in terms of video quality and the continuous AF in video mode plus it shoots 1080/60p or 720/60p. And the Ex Tele conv. works very well in both video and stills. Built in flash, touch screen operation, many filter effects built in..... and so much more. Oh, another thing I like is the hand grip, is so much easy to hold than my E-M5. For people are thinking which m4/3 body to buy, I highly recommend the G5 or the new G6 as apposed to the more expensive E-M5 unless you really like the IBIS, weather sealed body other than that I don't see any reason not to choose the G5. This is just my opinion and I used to own GF1 and GH2 and the pics quality and features of the G5 is much more and better than the old ones.

Willing

Willing's gear list:Willing's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow