MFT and 'Auto-ISO with EC in Manual Mode' - What's going on?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,485Gear list
Like?
MFT and 'Auto-ISO with EC in Manual Mode' - What's going on?
11 months ago

Every time I want to enter the MFT system - it would easily fulfil my photographic needs in terms of size, lens availability and IQ - I stumble upon the 'Auto-ISO in Manual Mode' limitations, either because it's not available (GH3, for instance) or totally crippled by not allowing EC (like in the OMD E- 1)!

Quite honestly, it's a surprise that the reference/state of the art MFT cameras from both Olympus and Panasonic have been crippled/bad conceived to this point and no one (well known/ creditable reviewers, included) complains, asks or talks about it - It really seems nobody cares for dialling the needed/wanted "Aperture+Exposure+EC" while the camera calculates/inputs the correct ISO/Exposure!

Some may not use Manual Mode a lot, but for many of us - myself included - this just might be a deal-breaker, specially if you think about action shots!

Is there any way around, or do you think this easy (and useful) function can be expected in a future (Olympus) firmware update?

...I say Olympus, because Panasonic doesn't even offer it in the first place; pathetic - to say the least!

Best regards,
Pedro

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow