Which Cam too this Pic? GX7, E-PL5, GX1 or S90

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
BolleDuc
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Re: Which Cam took this Pic? It was the ... ANSWER
In reply to Simon Cowell, 10 months ago

Simon Cowell wrote:

Thanks for the answer and probably you're right that the latest Panasonic models have much better colour and they are much closer to Olympus in this respect.

Would you care explaining what kind of resizing/PP you have done to the image because, on my monitor at least, there is obvious posterization in the sky part.

No processing beyond the downsizing, which I admit is severe & was accomplished by using "save for web" in PSE. This strips the exif & it dramatically downsizes which of course was ideal for this exercise but it does give the posterization in full view. This makes it look very "small sensor" & likely why the S90 "won" by a large margin.

It feels like this topic comes up two or three times a week & I just thought this was a slightly different approach. The result puts the generally adjustable & insignificant differences into perspective with a cross section of sensors from both sides, including some of the later variants.

Paul

-- hide signature --

Dilettante - my hobby is buying & selling cameras not photography!
Panasonic GX7, Olympus E-PL5, Panasonic GX1 & Canon S90 (IR Converted 590nm)

BolleDuc's gear list:BolleDuc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus PEN E-PM2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow