I believe Olympus has better colors than Panasonic

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,149Gear list
Like?
Trevor, color perception is very subjective
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, 5 months ago

And it is very difficult to generalize about it.

I have owned and used cameras from most makes, including many Panasonics and Olympus cameras, and I have always preferred the Olympus jpeg colors. To be fair, the Panasonic jpeg engine keeps getting better with each new release, but I have to agree with the OP, that the Panasonic blues look greenish to me. And the skin tones seem wrong too.

Of course, any camera can be adjusted to whatever colors you prefer, and this problem only exists with jpegs and not with raw files. But my own preferences after using all these different brands, is: (in order of preference)

• Olympus
  • Fuji
  • Pentax
  • Canon
  • Panasonic
  • Sony
  • Nikon

Since I have never used a Samsung, Sigma,  Casio, Ricoh, or Leica digital camera I can't make a judgement about them. They might be very good.

But like I said, this is really all very subjective. I doubt there are many people who would come up with the exact same jpeg color ranking list as I did.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow