Best Value DSLR - Sony A58

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,339Gear list
Like?
Best USA Camera Value right now is the Canon EOS-M
In reply to Vikas Rana, 9 months ago

Now that Canon fixed the Autofocus bug with the 2.02 firmware update last June, and they are closing it out at such a super low price, the Canon EOS-M is easily the best value in a camera right now here in the USA. Much better than any of the Sony NEX or Alpha cameras. Nothing else can begin to compare with it that is under $500. And I would rather have it than many of the cameras being discussed here.

I just got mine from Amazon.com for only $310. This camera has almost all of the capabilities of a Canon T5i Digital Rebel. Same sensor, and same DIGIC 5 image processing. Much superior menu interface than the Sony NEX cameras. The capacitive touch screen is very responsive and easy to use, as is the control wheel. Build quality is superb, both for the camera and the kit lens. Certainly equal, if not even slightly superior, to the build quality of my Panasonic GH3.

Video features and quality are a real surprize on this little camera, and thus an extra bonus.

In any event, for only $310, my GH3 now has an awesome little brother, that cost only 1/8th its price.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow