Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Tuloom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,017
Like?
Re: Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch
In reply to GXRuser, 8 months ago

GXRuser wrote:

Does anyone know of a tripod collar that has an internal diameter of 62 to 64mm that I can use to mount the SEL55210 to a tripod?

This is a reason to use any of the Sony A-mount adapters with a Long (or Macro) Minolta Maxxum or Sony Alpha lens to the NEX (or A7). All four of the adapters have a tripod mount.

The Nodal Ninja for the 18-55 might work?

http://shop.nodalninja.com/ultimate-r1-r10-lens-ring-clamp-ring/

I was hoping to make it work with the standard size Fotodiox adapters, but it didn't due to it's width (not Nodal Ninja's fault, of course) I spoke to them before ordering and they had no problem allowing me to try it out and return it (minus shipping) if it didn't.

Here's what I posted in another thread.

Nodal Ninja makes a lens ring clamp with integrated Arca Swiss plate for the E-mount 16mm and the 18-55mm. I called the company and spoke to an actual human being, which I was amazed by. I asked if he could measure the width and diameter of their ring and spacer for the E-mount. He was happy to be helpful and measured. The diameter of Fotodiox adapters (FD, MD, EOS, C/Y) runs roughly 59mm. The R1/R10 ring is close to 62mm before tightening. Width on the Fotodiox adapters runs about 10.5 - 12mm. Nodal's Ring is 9mm wide. Eureka. I ordered one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow