Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 638
Like?
Re: Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch
In reply to Letsgokoulos, 5 months ago

Letsgokoulos wrote:

GXRuser wrote:

I just bought a Leica M to NEX adapter to supplement my Voigtlander adapter. It was not a necessary purchase.

I bought it to allow the use of the Novoflex tripod mount collar. It is a superbly machined collar with both a tripod socket and an ara-swiss type quick release mount. It allows the lens adapter to carry the weight of the lens instead of the NEX body. (There have been multiple reports of the tripod socket of the NEX-7 coming loose. (my other adapters do not have a tripod socket).

I already had a Pentax DA to Nex adapter that I was using with a SMC M 200mm f4. It is very reassuring to have the NEX-6 secure on a tripod with the weight of the lens transmitted to the tripod collar via the adapter instead of the camera socket.

GXRuser, do you happen to have a link to this tripod mount collar ? I suppose many people here would be interested. Do you know is limitations in diameter (min/max) ?

Marc

Marc:

The adapter is part: ASTAT-NEX

Here is a link at the Novoflex site. It is in the middle of the page under accessories and if you click the picture it will show the adapter with a long lens attached to a Red NEX 5 (?)

http://www.novoflex.com/index.php

The tripod collar is manufactured to tight tolerances and will only fit the Novoflex adapters on the smooth portion of the adapter's barrel.

It will not fit either the NEX SEL50f18 (62mm diameter) or the SEL55210 (63.8mm diameter). It did not fit the Voigtlander Leica M to NEX adapter.

My measurement of the internal diameter of the Voigtlander tripod collar was around 59 mm.

Does anyone know of a tripod collar that has an internal diameter of 62 to 64mm that I can use to mount the SEL55210 to a tripod?

This is a reason to use any of the Sony A-mount adapters with a Long (or Macro) Minolta Maxxum or Sony Alpha lens to the NEX (or A7). All four of the adapters have a tripod mount.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow