Started Nov 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch
In reply to turnstyle, Nov 22, 2013

turnstyle wrote:

GXRuser wrote:

I just bought a Leica M to NEX adapter to supplement my Voigtlander adapter. It was not a necessary purchase.

I bought it to allow the use of the Novoflex tripod mount collar.

Apart from the collar, how would you compare the Voightlander adapter to the Novoflex? How do the compare at the infinity stop?

I can't answer that yet. My Novoflex Leica to NEX adapter has not arrived.

If you read my prior post, I found that my Voigtlander Leica M to micro fourthirds was exactly on spec. So was the Panasonic Leica M to micor fourthirds adapter.

My Voigtlander Leica M to NEX adapter is ever so slightly focusing just before infinity when wide open. This is with a M-Rokkor 40mm f2 and a M-Rokkor (Leitz) 90mm f4. (Both of these were spot on perfect with the Ricoh GXR Mount). When I stopped down one stop with both lenses, infinity focus has been perfect.

I have noted that with both the Rayqual Pentax DA to NEX and Novoflex Pentax DA to NEX adapters, with both the DA 70mm f2.4 and SMC M 100mm f2.8 infinity focus was achieved way before the infinity focus stop. With both of these lenses I have noted the same issue with the OEM Pentax Q K mount adapter (with leaf shutter). I have concluded that this is now a specific issue with Pentax lenses and the K mount spec, not with the Rayqual or Novoflex adapters.

I had no problems with Rayqual OM to Leica or OM to microfour thirds adapters.

My first adapter was a Minolta MD to micro four thirds adapter with the Panasonic G1. I used it with my 250mm f5.6 Reflex Rokkor mirror lens. That mirror lens was designed to focus past infinity to compensate for changes in the mirrors with different ambient temperatures. I sold that lens and adapter 3 years ago to fund other projects. From that experience, I would only use a manual focus long lens hand held with a camera with focus peaking and in body image stabilization.

I have a used Novoflex Leica M to NEX adapter on order from KEH. When I receive it I will update this posting with a comparison.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow