Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 10 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

M Dennis Fern wrote:

Reading the 40 preceding comments on this thread, I come away with the conclusion that no adapter, except perhaps the Novoflex, is reliably precise. No one has written a complaint about the performance of the Novoflex LEM/NEX adapter. Am I missing something? If we are spending mega bucks on the A&/A7r and plan on using expensive rangefinder lenses, isn't this thread a persuasive argument for the Novoflex--except masochists who don't mind the aggravation of having to buy and return defective products repeatedly until they get the odd good one, or who like to repeatedly disassemble lens mounts to find the right shim, or those who think focusing past the infinity setting is acceptable?

Dennis,

Good argument, I may have as many as 40 adapters, they almost all have been relatively cheap. I do have one Novoflex adapter as well. I have not felt it necessary to return any of them.

Sorry, out of several Yeenon DKL to M42, one only was a slightly loose fit. Yeenon quickly replaced it for me.

So I did not return my Novoflex, but the others worked fine and excepting the one Yeenon ...

But in the end you buy what you feel comfortable with. No risk Novoflex seems about right.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

I just bought a Leica M to NEX adapter to supplement my Voigtlander adapter. It was not a necessary purchase.

I bought it to allow the use of the Novoflex tripod mount collar. It is a superbly machined collar with both a tripod socket and an ara-swiss type quick release mount. It allows the lens adapter to carry the weight of the lens instead of the NEX body. (There have been multiple reports of the tripod socket of the NEX-7 coming loose. (my other adapters do not have a tripod socket).

I already had a Pentax DA to Nex adapter that I was using with a SMC M 200mm f4. It is very reassuring to have the NEX-6 secure on a tripod with the weight of the lens transmitted to the tripod collar via the adapter instead of the camera socket.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow