Started Nov 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,721Gear list
Like?
Re: The K50 is serious bang for the buck too
In reply to tbcass, Nov 22, 2013

tbcass wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

Both cameras offer a lot of value, and they are wholly different choices. One has a high end OVF/weather sealing (and more) the other a high end EVF and lower price. If I were a new DSLR buyer I'd be looking at those two cameras.
Carl

Pentax offers great cameras for good prices yet people still don't buy many of them. Most people just blindly follow the Canikon path and never look elsewhere.

It really hurts Pentax, and more recently Sony, not to have their products in big box stores.  Even many smaller camera stores don't stock Pentax and Sony.  Most entry-level buyers are still going to want to SEE the product first-hand before they buy it.  They will walk into Best Buy, and compare the models in stock.

On top of that, it's easy for them to fall prey to some of the myths about CaNikon simply being "better."  They must be better, because the pros use them.  They are so popular, it must be because they are better.  I've heard that there are much better lens options on CaNikon. etc, etc

It appears in the last several months, Sony has removed their dSLT presence from big box stores almost entirely.  (except basically for open box items, I haven't seen dSLTs in any Best Buy, yet I know they were stocking them 6-12 months ago).  Hopefully, this is temporary, and when new models are again introduced, they will hit the big box stores.  (The piece of #%!$ A3000 is carried in my local Best Buys, right next to CaNikon dSLRs.  Not the best foot forward for Sony).  Otherwise, it will become nearly impossible for Sony to attract *new* customers.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow