Vikas Rana
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: The K50 is serious bang for the buck too
In reply to cgarrard, 9 months ago

cgarrard wrote:

Vikas Rana wrote:

http://cameras.reviewed.com/features/2013-best-of-year-camera-awards

A lot more camera than the A58 in so many respects, but not much more either.

"While Canon and Nikon certainly dominate the high-end DSLR game, Pentax has quietly been churning out excellent consumer-grade DSLRs at affordable prices for years. The K-50 is the culmination of those efforts, showing a vast improvement over older affordable Pentax models like the K-r or the K-x. Available in dozens of fetching colors and designs, the K-50 still offers serious performance, excellent control, and is fully weather-sealed—a feature far too many consumers overlook when shopping for a DSLR. (MSRP $699.95)

Read our full review of the Pentax K-50 here "

Both cameras offer a lot of value, and they are wholly different choices. One has a high end OVF/weather sealing (and more) the other a high end EVF and lower price. If I were a new DSLR buyer I'd be looking at those two cameras.
Carl

I've purchased A58 in September at $450 with kit lens. I can easily get A65/A57 under $699 or can think of getting A77 body at $800 and look out for a quality budget lens!

Its funny you are talking about spending $699 on an OVF based DLSR...

Vikas Rana's gear list:Vikas Rana's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II Adobe Photoshop CS6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow