Question about Macro with XZ-1/2

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,716Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Macro with XZ-1/2
In reply to Marla, Nov 22, 2013

Hi Marla,

I am one in the camp where I love shooting macros with my XZ-1 but I do find with some things like bees or dragon flies its easier with a longer lens and that why I am considering the Stylus 1 and the Panasonic FZ200.   I also have used something called a Raynox DCR-250 on the end of my lens to get closer.  My only problem with longer larger glass on a DSLR is that it is heavier and zooming in like that does make hand holding very difficult.  So thats when you try to put it on a tripod and you want a ring flash because you have to go to f8 or more sometimes to get the subject in focus and by then it is dark even in bright light.

Shot with XZ-1.  The XZ-1 fit in larger pockets and went with my everywhere until

Until I bought the Panasonic LF1.  This one has a more zoom and is smaller.  Not as good for portraits but it has some cool low light shots modes that are stunning.  I shot bees with the XZ-1 too, but this was way to easy to get with the LF1

This was my Canon T1i with the 50mm on it but with a Raynox DCR-250 clipped on the end.

-- hide signature --

www.scottzinda.com

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow