Like?
Re: SLT = DSLR
In reply to Jamie, 9 months ago

Jamie wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

123Mike wrote:

Mellowmark wrote:

Sony A58 is not a DSLR.

• DSLR stands for: Digital Single Lens Reflex - all the new Alphas are digital, they do have single lens and there's reflex in mirror. All conditions to become DSLR are met.

Ummm no. The Sony dSLT mirrors do not reflex. I think you are confusing reflex with reflect. The Sony dSLTs use a stationary mirror--- no reflex at all.

it's not worth the energy to sit and try and argue that there is a difference between a DSLR and a DSLT.

Every DSLR has an optical viewfinder, not an electronic one. There you have it.

We as Sony users know the difference, but very few others are going to make that distinction. DSLR is a generic term for a digital camera that uses lenses to the average person.

The average person knows next to nothing about cameras. To them the bigger the zoom X number the better the camera must be.

When talking with friends and they say.. wow, that's a sweet SLR you've got there! Are you going to go and start correcting them by saying, well no - it's actually a DSLT! DSL what??

I have a casual acquaintance who bought one of the beau coup bridge cameras offered by Fuji. I believe it doesn't even have real aperture settings, it just adds a couple of neutral filters internally. He posted about it on Facebook, saying that he "finally decided to get myself a DSLR." I was not going to correct him that his $250 Fuji is not a DSLR, but he's still wrong as can be.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow