Adorama Has Horrible Returns Policy. What Retailer Has A Good Returns Policy?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,067Gear list
Like?
Re: Adorama Has Horrible Returns Policy. What Retailer Has A Good Returns Policy?
In reply to JerryDavis, 8 months ago

JerryDavis wrote:

Fenwoodian wrote:

I recently purchased a camera accessory from a NY retailer called Adorama. It arrived defective and I immediately notified them.

I contacted them six days ago to get authorization for a return, and they are having me jump through all kinds of hoops before they will agree to taking this junk back.

I was told to email them macro photos of the defect! Imagine that? I don't have a macro lens, and even if I did it would waste allot of my time to take these photos.

I will NEVER buy a thing from them again.

Can you recommend another camera seller who has a good returns policy?

Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. When we accept returns we also have to be able to clarify to the manufacturers why we are taking them back and explain what exactly the issue was.

I've returned camera equipment to Amazon by simply clicking on the reason for the return, which is no different from their policy for other returns.  A simple process that just takes a few seconds.

Any idea why you have to clarify to the manufacturer and Amazon doesn't? Have you considered using an online return process similar to the one Amazon uses?

Please email me your order number an the email you received from our customer service rep so I can try to assist you and get this taken care of.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum
Adorama-Supervisor

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
B&HNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow