Nex7 and GPS

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
NikB747
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex7 and GPS
In reply to BlueBomberTurbo, 8 months ago

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:

Do any of these loggers (phone- or hardware-based) continuously log locations, like a car's GPS that constantly updates, or do they just do it when you press a button? I do car-to-car shots at some cruise events, and there's no time to press a button between shots. Pretty much just constantly shooting. Being able to post a map with the location each shot was taken would be amazing!

I've used both an actual device and an app on my phone.  They both will regularly record your position every X seconds depending on how much battery you want it to use.  I think for pictures taken between points it interpolates the point, but I'm not sure.  My pictures seemed to match accurately but I wasn't comparing them closely.

My physical device stopped working while i was on vacation so i switched to using an app.  I was hesitant at first because i was worried about running down the battery on the phone.  Luckily, everything was fine and I didn't notice significantly shorter battery life.

nik

NikB747's gear list:NikB747's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow