havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Value DSLR - Sony A58
In reply to tqlla, 10 months ago

tqlla wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

Most OVF shooters would disagree. OVF vs EVF overall... you can't get a consensus as to which is better.

I'm not sure that's true. There have been a ton of debates about EVF vs OVF but even the OVF people admitted that the OLED EVF in a camera like the A65 was better than the dim small penta mirror OVFs of similarly priced DSLRs. The poster specifically said lower end OVF.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

And the a58 EVF is half the resolution of the A65 EVF.

Even IF you could say that a high end, ultra high resolution EVF is better than a low end OVF...
A small medium resolution EVF vs low end OVF? Don't think you'd get a consensus there.

The resolution isn't an issue. If you look through your A57 EVF, are you dissatisfied with the resolution? Are you seeing a bunch of pixels? The problem with LCD EVFs is that they tend to look washed out.

If you look through the A58 EVF and an A65 Evf, you would see very little difference. But if you look through the EVF on the A57 and an A58, you would see a world of difference.

I have looked.  I did not prefer the A58 EVF to the A57.  In fact, I preferred the A57 as it was a bit larger.

I've also compared OVF and EVF.  I've tested out the A77 EVF -- which I think was amazing.  And I would gladly take the A77 EVF over most OVFs.  The A58 EVF?  eh.  Having "live view" is always nice, but I think I may prefer having an actual OVF, all things considered.  Tough call.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow