Best Value DSLR - Sony A58

Started Nov 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
tqlla
Senior MemberPosts: 1,766Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Value DSLR - Sony A58
In reply to havoc315, Nov 21, 2013

I see that you are more than willing to assess the SLT penalty to the A58, but you are not willing to include the SLT advantages when comparing the A58 to the D3200. Then you compare the D1 to the A58... So who is biased?

There was a time when I said Manual transmissions were better than all Automatics and it was true. I argued that even after Automatic Corvettes were smoking 6spd corvettes. I still drive Manual transmission cars. But when you compare a manual to newer High end automatics(Like the Lexus 8 speed)... the high end automatics are better. They have similar drivetrain loss, they have better fuel efficiency, they shift up and down faster than humans can... etc.

I fact that I don't like the high end ATs more than a 6MTs.... that is subjective. The fact that they ARE better than Manual transmission cars. That is objective.

OLED EVF vs low end OVF is not subjective at all.
1) EVFs show you in realtime, how your camera settings change the picture. Which is awesome for a beginner.
2) OLED EVFs offer an image that is very close to to OVFs
3) The A58 EVF is larger and has 100% coverage
4) You can frame your images easier, in the dark on an EVF
5) An EVF offers you an on screen data

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 NEX5R Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow