havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,717Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Value DSLR - Sony A58
In reply to tqlla, Nov 21, 2013

tqlla wrote:

havoc315 wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Also, the A58 flash can control a wireless flash. Whereas the D3200 cannot.

Really want to get into who has the better overall flash system, Nikon vs Sony?

If you only have enough to buy one flash, and want to use it wirelessly on an value DSLR... then sony does.

And if you want an overall better flash system, it's not even close... it's Nikon.  So it's pretty hard to check off the flash box as a Sony A58 advantage.

I don't need to hear defenses of the Sony system.  I have always shot with Sony/Minolta, I appreciate the strengths of the system.  But can also be objective and honest about the weaknesses of the system.

And I'm sorry, it's pretty hard to view the Sony A58 as the greatest entry-level dSLR around.  For some buyers -- those who really appreciate live view, it might be the best choice.  But by overall objective standards, pretty hard to justify calling it the best.

Now, if Sony still sold the A57, at the current price of the A58.... I actually think it would be a much stronger argument in favor of the Sony.  (truly articulating LCD, higher resolution and larger LCD, truly better burst shooting.)

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow