Best Value DSLR - Sony A58

Started Nov 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Best Value DSLR - Sony A58
In reply to Vikas Rana, Nov 21, 2013

I am sure that the A58 is a lot of camera for the money (never really look at it closely) but I'm not sure that 'best of' compilation is particularly reliable.

For example:

• Nikon D600 as the 'best prosumer camera' despite the fact that it has been replaced by the D610 to resolve the oil splatter problems that were reported on the D600.
  • The description of the Canon 70D ('Best high end DSLR') includes 'for the first time providing camcorder-like autofocus capabilities in a DSLR', even though the SLT design allows for video autofocus.
  • The description of the A58 describes it as one of the 'budget-friendly options for those who prefer traditional DSLRs'. Traditional DSLR? With an EVF and translucent mirror?

I'm always wary when a reviewer asserts that thing X is 'best'. The idea of 'best' can only properly relate to an individual, i.e. a certain camera is the best choice for an individual person in a specific situation for a specific task.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow