Just sold my APS-C to buy Sony A7, will I see a difference in picture quality?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
RobDJW
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
Re: Just sold my APS-C to buy Sony A7, will I see a difference in picture quality?
In reply to PeterTX, 5 months ago

Well, let me explain.
I have been looking for a while for a better low light camera and also something smaller to carry around and when I got an offer to buy my D90 (which is not bad btw) I jumped on it.
Hence my question on experiences for those going from a D90 to A7 since it looks like the best option to both get a smaller/lighter camera while improving low light shooting capabilities.
Btw, I am looking for bigger pictures, printed A3 or larger and not for posting on the web using Instagram.

I was also intrigued by the new Nikon but close to 3000 is way too much to spend and from a size perspective it is still quite big and heavy compared to A7.

If focusspeed is of very importance in situations wait for a full review, i think that is not a7's greatest strenght.

RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow