Just sold my APS-C to buy Sony A7, will I see a difference in picture quality?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
RobDJW
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: Just sold my APS-C to buy Sony A7, will I see a difference in picture quality?
In reply to Mel Snyder, 10 months ago

PeterTX wrote:

I just sold my Nikon D90 with the kit lens, for those of you who has the new A7 with kit lens will I see an improvement in picture quality ? If focus speed is the same I am reasonably happy, but of course would wish it to be slightly faster.

I really want a low light full frame camera in a small package and the way i see it the A7 fits the bill som I am curious if anyone who got it feels it is beating an APS-C camera especially the Nikon model I had.

Thanks

Will you see a difference? That depends on what you shoot, under what lighting. The A7 should give you images at 3200 ISO that look about like the ones you shot at 400 ISO on your D90...if you viewed the images on a large monitor. Or made a print 16x24 or larger.

I wouldn't count on a faster focusspeed, reading all the reviews.
picturequality will be better.
i changed from d90 to nex6 and i find it better in high iso, more reliable white balance and better dynamic range.
greetings Rob.

RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow