Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,248Gear list
Like?
Nikon A vs Sony RX100
9 months ago

I've been wanting to get a new pocket camera to replace my s95 for a while and have I think pretty much narrowed it down to these two. It may seem like an odd comparison compared to the usual Nikon A vs Ricoh GR talk but hey ho.

Basically though, I realised a lot of the time when I use my s95 I'm out hiking or in a social situation, so doing landscapes or up close with whatever I'm photographing, therefore one of the fixed 28mm compacts made sense to me as looking at my images that's the range most of the good ones are at.

I really like the look of the controls on the Nikon but have to admit I'm struggling with thought of giving up he zoom. I was wondering, when both are set to 28mm how much better really is the Nikon? I know it has the bigger sensor but it also has the slower lens. Does the fact that it's a prime mean the IQ is that much better?

Sorry that was a bit of a rambling question, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this conundrum. I really like the look of the Nikon, i'm just struggling with the thought of only one focal length. If only they made a 75mm equivalent version to slip in the other pocket, then I'd be one happy camper.

Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow