E-M1 / E-M5 low light performance in museums?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M J Valentine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,228
Like?
E-M1 / E-M5 low light performance in museums?
5 months ago

Hi,

I have the opportunity to return my faulty 6D and would appreciate some feedback from members regarding the E-M1's low light performance. I'm aware that the sensor is much smaller than the 6D's but can the E-M1 produce good results when in a museum or National Trust property where flash is forbidden and the lighting is very low to protect the exhibits. The attached image was taken with my 6D and 35mm f/2 IS USM at a local museum so I'd like to know how the E-M1 compares. The review samples don't cover this type of photography hence my question.

Assuming shutter shock isn't an issue (according to Dpreview.com's review) regarding the E-M1, can the combined phase-detection and contrast detection focusing with a MFT telephoto zoom like the 35-100 keep up with moving subjects like aircraft? I don't photography horses but aircraft may be more challenging.

f/2.8, 1/40, ISO 1250

Thanks,

Martyn

-- hide signature --

Don't be dense, it's lens not 'lense'!

Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow