Please try this little application (take 2)

Started Nov 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
duckling
Senior MemberPosts: 1,760Gear list
Like?
Please try this little application (take 2)
Nov 20, 2013

CameraUser is a small application I designed with the intention of assisting with the overwhelming process of choosing a camera. In contrast to many other online tools, it attempts to analyze a user's 'photographic profile' and based on that form a set of priorities. The priorities are translated into a list of the five current cameras which would best suit the genres and subjects specified.

Another unique feature of this application is its emphasis on the 'good enough' principle, meaning there are no extra points given to unnecessary capability. The results may be quite unexpected (though sensible if you think about it).

Due to the idiosyncrasies of the tools and my lack of programming proficiency, you will be directed to a spreadsheet which updates on every form submission. Hence it is recommended that you print the results asap, before they change.

I would like to sincerely apologize for yesterday's fiasco (CameraUser failed to show the results). Hopefully everything will work smoothly from now on. As a bonus, I added a little educating exercise (question 3).

You are welcome to try CameraUser at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PBL88NVlEBbblPfejOYJSHqk8pPMaTIWvpyrelaPQqw/viewform

I am awaiting your feedback.

duckling's gear list:duckling's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow