ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
m43 instead of FF - Part Deux
11 months ago

E-P5 vs X-E1

X-E1 has less noise, but at the expense of fine detail?

E-P5 with minimal NR applied - more equal results (finer noise profile looks nicer IMHO)

Physics will always mean that on paper a larger sensor provides better IQ, but sensor technology is growing and closing that fact up to such a point that for most enthusiasts, and even a lot of professionals, the difference is minimal to non-existant.

I don't see IQ being a reason why Fuji couldn't enter the m43 market - it'd be a good thing for consumers to have more choice. Choice is always good.

I'd love to be able to have an X100 (or smaller) sized body with the focus accuracy and speed of the latest m43 bodies - and the ability to use all the fine glass available - likewise using the great Fuji glass on other bodies too- sans adapters.

I'd also like to see them offer a FF range, and that would give them much more distinct product separation than m43 > apsc > ff which is all a bit 'fine margin' right now.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow