ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adrienaoe
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Choosing between xf35mm and xf23mm?
8 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble deciding between these 2 lenses and would love to hear what you guys have to say.

I own the xf18-55 mm and after taking a look at my most used focal lengths (using Exposureplot), I found that I use both almost equally, with 35mm slightly more. That being said I use the 35mm the most among all focal lengths, although the difference isn't far from the 23mm.

I feel that I tend to favor the 35mm more, but I really want the new manual focusing ring that they have on the 23mm (here I assume that it would allow for a faster manual focusing).

According to a review i've read, the 35mm also tends to make a louder noise when focusing, also something that I take into consideration.

Currently, I couldn't find any reviews on the differences between these two lenses optically, at least both in resolution and color rendition, but I expect one to not be too far from the other.

Please advise.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow