m43 instead of FF

Started Nov 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,372Gear list
Like?
Re: Here is a little challenge for you...
In reply to LWS2013, Nov 20, 2013

LWS2013 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Moti wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

Moti wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

While have a few nice photos there I don't feel as though they prove anything with regards to sensor size and image quality.

I think they do prove much more than you thing or understand and the point is that even a small sensors camera can produce beautiful photos, with excellent IQ, when in the right hands in spite of what some people think.

Now, of course you can come and claim your usual nonsense that a FF sensor would produce much better and more lively photos, so here are some examples that will give you the possibility to prove weather your statement has any sense in it or not.

Please look at these photos: The Mannequins This is a series of 15 photographs that are part of an exhibition I had two months ago in France. They were all printed on Hahnemuhle Barita 16"x20" paper size and were taken during 4 years with different cameras using the following sensor sizes: FF, APC, M43, 2/3" and 1/1.8". Now here is the challenge. Have a good look at them and tell us which of these photos were shot with a FF camera. I guess it should be fairly easy for you because as you claim, it will be the photos which are full of life...

Here is another example. Now it is my wife's exhibition that took place at the same time - Wine Tasting, A Sensory Journey. They are printed with a different paper at 16x18" and mounted on Dibond.

She also worked with different cameras similar to mine but even worse, she has in this series three photos that were shot, shock horror, with a smart-phone camera. This time, your job is a bit different. Please identify the three photos that were shot with a smart-phone. Again, it should be very easy for you because as you believe, they will be the most lifeless photos of the series.

Lets see if you can make it.

Cheers

Moti

-- hide signature --

you didn't read the whole thread before you posted did you?

Actually I did read most of it and from what I gather, I can't make up my mind weather you are a complete clueless ignorant, a troll, or both. I vote for both.

I've looked at those photos and if I'm 100% honest I don't think that the quality of any of them is that good

I believe that you sre honest but obviously, you have no idea how to look at a photo or how to judge its quality, do you? Take my word for it, the quality of all of the photos is not less than excellent otherwise we wouldn't have managged to sell six of them during the exhibition for a total amount of 2,370$.

but maybe that's because I found them uninteresting to look at,

I couldn't care less if you found them interesting or not and anyway that was not the topic. As a matter of fact, im not even surprised that you found them uninteresting because arrow minded and ignorant as you are, it is clear that you didn't understand what you were looking st.

they could be from a P1 digital back or an iPhone, its hard to tell with some much post processing.

So in other words, you admit that you are not even capable of seeing any difference between an iPhone and a MF sensor. Why am I not surprised ?

Moti

-- hide signature --

Careful...he may email you and call you a weasel.....

I smell a rat

No....I'm just funnin ya.  Water under the bridge.

 The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow